Search found 26 matches

by PeteD
Wed Sep 23, 2026 4:19 am
Forum: Help
Topic: PC users having a blank screen
Replies: 3
Views: 97547

Re: PC users having a blank screen

I may have a student with the same issue on Windows. When she installs and starts, she is greeted with this:

image.png

We have tried many things but cannot make any progress in *starting* jamovi. Is this the situation you were talking about, Jonathon?

I asked her to pause the antivirus software ...
by PeteD
Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:31 am
Forum: Help
Topic: [RESOLVED] "Jamovi connection lost"
Replies: 15
Views: 78709

Re: [RESOLVED] "Jamovi connection lost"

PeteD wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:48 am I'm getting this error today: Version 2.3.38

Lost everything until saving, and luckily it wasn't a lot.
Should have said: On Windows 11. (Can't see how to attached screenshot.)
by PeteD
Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:48 am
Forum: Help
Topic: [RESOLVED] "Jamovi connection lost"
Replies: 15
Views: 78709

Re: [RESOLVED] "Jamovi connection lost"

I'm getting this error today: Version 2.3.38

Lost everything until saving, and luckily it wasn't a lot.
by PeteD
Fri May 06, 2022 1:34 am
Forum: Off-topic
Topic: Teaching statistics using jamovi
Replies: 5
Views: 255864

Re: Teaching statistics using jamovi

You say:

barplots with error bars are discouraged by, for example, Nature journals because they break a number of important rules : they don't show the data, and they don't show the distribution.

I would *love* to have the reference to this article to pass on to people I know.

Any chance you ...
by PeteD
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:55 pm
Forum: Help
Topic: Barplot crash
Replies: 4
Views: 28414

Re: Barplot crash

Yep--variables without spaces in their names work OK.
Thanks.
P.
by PeteD
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:08 am
Forum: Help
Topic: Barplot crash
Replies: 4
Views: 28414

Re: Barplot crash

And now three groups of students are encountering the same error with different data sets (2 x Mac; 1 x windows; plus the windows machine I am using).
by PeteD
Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:53 am
Forum: Help
Topic: Barplot crash
Replies: 4
Views: 28414

Re: Barplot crash

I got a barchart working on a windows computer with made-up data.
But the students' data failed again:

Debug

Error in parse(text = elt): <text>:1:7: unexpected symbol
1: Usage of
^

eval(ev)
eval(ev)
private$.barPlot(image, theme = t$theme, ggtheme = t$ggtheme, ...)
ggplot(data = tab, aes_string ...
by PeteD
Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:39 am
Forum: Help
Topic: Barplot crash
Replies: 4
Views: 28414

Barplot crash

Hi team

My students are having trouble with data in two-way tables: Two qualitative variables, and the chi-test of independence.

The test works OK, but when they select to find a barchart, an error emerges (in English in version 1.6.23; in Japanese in 2.0.0; they are using a Mac laptop):

"<text ...
by PeteD
Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:17 pm
Forum: Help
Topic: Exporting data in SPSS format
Replies: 4
Views: 30858

Re: Exporting data in SPSS format

Yes, the *variable names* were the problem, *not* the file name as the error message stated. There was no issue with the file name.

Easy to fix when the error message points to the correct place! All good now.

P.
by PeteD
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:44 am
Forum: Help
Topic: Exporting data in SPSS format
Replies: 4
Views: 30858

Exporting data in SPSS format

Hi all

When I try to export a data file in SPSS (.sav) format, I get a message saying the file name contains an illegal character. (See attachment.)

I can export the same file as .csv, and I can save the .omi file without similar errors using the same file name.

And I get the same error message ...