Search found 20 matches

by scro1461
Thu Oct 08, 2026 8:25 pm
Forum: General
Topic: Module development: can an analysis overwrite or replace existing columns?
Replies: 4
Views: 1795

Re: Module development: can an analysis overwrite or replace existing columns?

Hi Jonathon,

Thanks, and sorry, I hadn't realised Setup lets you edit several variables at once. That covers most of what I thought was missing on the fixing side.

Having thought about it more, the gap for my students is detection rather than fixing. They're undergraduates in criminology and the ...
by scro1461
Wed Oct 07, 2026 10:15 pm
Forum: General
Topic: Module development: can an analysis overwrite or replace existing columns?
Replies: 4
Views: 1795

Module development: can an analysis overwrite or replace existing columns?

Hi,

I'm developing a jamovi module to help my students clean raw data: standardising inconsistent category labels, trimming whitespace, converting codes like -99 to missing, and tidying variable names. The aim is for them to do this in jamovi rather than Excel.

As I understand it, a module can ...
by scro1461
Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:45 am
Forum: General
Topic: Transform and Add missing variables
Replies: 1
Views: 21063

Transform and Add missing variables

When I transform my data to add the missing mode the output just creates an additional level. In this case the data is ordinal with levels. See code below:

Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 09.37.43.png
Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 09.37.43.png

Not sure how to fix it.

I wonder if there is an option in ...
by scro1461
Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:10 pm
Forum: General
Topic: Scientific notation
Replies: 6
Views: 26435

Re: Scientific notation

Thanks Jonathon. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Jamovi and it now seems to work.
by scro1461
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:13 am
Forum: General
Topic: Scientific notation
Replies: 6
Views: 26435

Re: Scientific notation

Yes
by scro1461
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:46 am
Forum: General
Topic: Scientific notation
Replies: 6
Views: 26435

Re: Scientific notation

I am referring to the results. I have that setting in place already, but sometimes the output will still come back as a scientific notation, rather than rounded to 3 points after the decimal.
by scro1461
Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:45 am
Forum: General
Topic: Scientific notation
Replies: 6
Views: 26435

Scientific notation

Is possible to replace scientific notations with a number even if it cannot be displayed in full e.g. have 0.000 rather than the scientific notation and then just at an * in with a corresponding scientific notation at the bottom of the table?

This would save time having to convert them to numbers ...
by scro1461
Thu May 20, 2021 11:27 am
Forum: General
Topic: arguments imply differing number of rows linear regression
Replies: 3
Views: 16571

Re: arguments imply differing number of rows linear regressi

This is happening on multiple different computers. I am using 1.8.1.0, and the student is using the most up-to-date versions for Windows. I Will email you a link to the dataset separately as it is to big to attach.
by scro1461
Wed May 19, 2021 4:57 pm
Forum: General
Topic: arguments imply differing number of rows linear regression
Replies: 3
Views: 16571

arguments imply differing number of rows linear regression

Have run a linear regression and the outputs are all working fine. But when I ask for the residuals I get the following error message: 'Arguments imply differing number of rows'. I know what it means, but I am not sure how to fix it or what to do to get the rows equal.

Image is below

Screenshot ...
by scro1461
Tue May 11, 2021 8:49 am
Forum: General
Topic: Unexpected Symbol - when getting a contingency table
Replies: 2
Views: 14593

Re: Unexpected Symbol - when getting a contingency table

Will, do. The error only seems to occur in this dataset and spaces, don't seem to be an issue in other datasets. Will email it over.