GAMLj - plotting Random Effects in generalized mixed models

Everything related to the development of modules in jamovi
mcfanda@gmail.com

Re: GAMLj - plotting Random Effects in generalized mixed mod

Post by mcfanda@gmail.com »

Yes, more than statistical the reason is practical. The lmerTest::ranova() function in the R lmerTest package is not defined for GLMM. The plan is to implement the random variances test from scratch for GLMM, but that takes time.
shabde

Post by shabde »

Its me again - again having issues with plotting interactions between factor and covariates in GAMLJ mixed model.

@McFanda maybe this is now the LMER issue you were talking about last year:

Have a look at the attached LMM. The fixed effects estimations are clear and reasonable and according to what would be expected in theory. The slope of the redundant "Trompete" category of the factor "content" should be negative, (since all dummy terms in the regression become zero, we are left with a negative slope of "umhuellung") but, however, is somehow plotted as slightly positive by GAMLJ. The same weird behavior can be seen in the estimated means. This should not be the case, or am I missing something?

Moreover, the model has just a random intercept, but the plot looks as if there were freely varying random slopes.

In this dataset, the factor "content" is not balanced / hierarchical, which might be related to the problem.
Attachments
weird_plot.omv
example lmm
(213.47 KiB) Downloaded 694 times
mcfanda@gmail.com

No statistical reason. It's more a matter of time and (cognitive) resources. It'll come nonetheless.
thanks for the support :-)
shabde

Post by shabde »

@McFanda

Let me know when I can help you somehow in debugging. I think GAMLJ is the most excellent of all the Jamovi modules!
mcfanda@gmail.com

Hi
thanks, good to know. As for the LRT, there's no statistical reason. It's just one of the many options we are working on. It'll come soon
shabde

Post by shabde »

Hi @McFanda -
Your reply confused me a liittle. I think you accidently did not read my post from Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:20 pm. It was not about LRT at all. There seems to be some weird bug (mabye a new issue) when plotting estimated means. Check the example file that I posted and my explanation.