new module for General Linear Model

Everything related to the development of modules in jamovi
mcfanda@gmail.com

new module for General Linear Model

Post by mcfanda@gmail.com »

Hi,
I've just finished a beta version of a General Linear Model module. Here it is: https://github.com/mcfanda/jamovi_glm

It is vaguely inspired by SPSS GLM, but does much more than that (humbly speaking :-)). I developed it based on jmvcore:ancova, so I need to thank the developer of that module quite a lot.

The module Estimates a general linear model with categorical and/or continuous variables, with options to facilitate estimation of interactions, simple slopes, simple effects, etc.

I'd like to ask how can I put the module in some "testing" repository for jamovi users so that people can try it out.

thanks
marcello
jonathon

Re: new module for General Linear Model

Post by jonathon »

hey,

sounds good! i'm thinking about adding a separate 'beta channel' to the jamovi library, but we should be able to do something in the interim too.

i'll get a couple of us to try it out, we'll make a few suggestions, and we'll take it from there.

i've just had a quick look now, and can't get it to work :P

i'll drop you an issue in your issue tracker.

cheers!
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

oops, my bad - just needed a rebuild for my platform. works now! looking good!
mcfanda@gmail.com

Hi,
where is the best method to write a tutorial/help for a jamovi module (in beta phase). The README in github?
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hey,

yeah, it's a good Q. the README in gh would be pretty good. i'm planning on writing a vignette/guide for the walrus module using github pages:

https://pages.github.com/

i'm thinking it would be good to take an approach which is suitable for both gh pages, and the R package vignettes, but i haven't totally figured out the best way to do that.

maybe start with gh pages, and you can always adapt it later.

cheers

jonathon
mcfanda@gmail.com

great, thanks
mcfanda@gmail.com

Ok, I have a draft version now, https://mcfanda.github.io/jamovi_glm/ . it would be nice to have a "jamovi" theme, but I'm sure it is not a priority :-)
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

looking good! i'll have some tips for you for your module in the next day or so.

cheers
mcfanda@gmail.com

great, I'd appreciate that. I'm planning to finish the other module (mixed models) but I would like to follow some standard for all of them, so the user do not get confused. So as soon as I get the GLM module well defined, I can follow the same leads for the mixed.