Javascript docs

Everything related to the development of modules in jamovi
mcfanda@gmail.com

Javascript docs

Post by mcfanda@gmail.com »

Hello

as soon as I got the news jamovi was around I loved the idea. I followed a bit JASP in the past but this new project looks more promising for my needs (especially for teaching). I've started studying modules development (which is very nicely crafted) but I could not find documentation on the javascript part of the UI setup (the event:: bit). Is there something I can found about that?

Thanks for this great project
Marcello
jonathon

Re: Javascript docs

Post by jonathon »

hi marcello,

yeah, unfortuntely we don't have docs for that at the moment (it actually takes quite a while to write documentation). perhaps you could describe what you're trying to achieve, and i'll attend damo (he's the analysis ui js guy) to it?

sorry, as you can imagine there's a lot of competing priorities, hopefully we can improve the docs soon.

jonathon
mcfanda@gmail.com

Hi Jonathon

I'm loving the project you are developing. Of course docs will come later, it's perfectly understandable.

By now I'm studying the code to get how module development works beyond SuperAwesome (anovarm is of great help) and understanding the basic structure (the .a.yaml, .u.yaml). I'm studying the js part now.

When I feel a bit more confident I'll try to implement the linear mixed models (based on lme4 and friends), which I teach often. These models also attract users and students lost in the random coefficients realm :-)
mcfanda@gmail.com

just checking the signature is really gone
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

linear mixed models would be super cool! :)

jonathon
Marc Wilson

Post by Marc Wilson »

Question: If I have to modiffie cell B2 and C2 and D2 and so on, do i have to create a funcion (modifiyCell(B2 , true) and so on? Is there something more?
Last edited by Marc Wilson on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi marc,

is your intention here for the analysis to modify cells in the data set/spreadsheet view?

at the moment it's a "one way street", the data goes to the analyses, but there's no way for the analysis to make changes to the data set. down the track we want to add a facility where analyses can "emit" new columns (i.e. residuals), but this is a while away yet.

or have a misunderstood what you're trying to do? i'd be interested to hear your use-case either way.

kind regards

jonathon