'Save results as' and related

Everything related to the development of modules in jamovi
SanVerhavert

'Save results as' and related

Post by SanVerhavert »

I was doubting to put this here or on a different board but as it relates to a module that I'm developing I'll post it here.

I love the program and its possibilities but I miss some options to save results. Specifically I am developing a module to fit a specific model to data. The analyses output some parameter estimates that can be used in further analyses but there is no option to save output tables as a csv file. I see three solutions to this lack:
  1. In "table">"save" allow/make possibe to save the table as a csv file
  2. in the analysis definition file allow under options:
    1. a "text" type where a file path can be entered to be used by write/csv() (placing responsibility not to overwrite files with the user)
    2. a browse button where a save file can be created
In my view option 2.a might be the easiest to implement in the short run and that 2.b. could be considered as a later extension.
jonathon

Re: 'Save results as' and related

Post by jonathon »

hey san,

yes! these are all good ideas. i'd love to say i'll get to them next week, but they're probably a couple of months away.

your best strategy would be to make a module that needs this, we get excited about it, and we do it sooner :P

cheers

jonathon
keslydia

Post by keslydia »

I am new here and I am new with Jamovi. The last few weeks I have been working on a project and each time I saved my results in Jamovi. the data set and my analyses were always in the list of "recent" so I could easily access my material. Now I have been working on another project and my main project is not appearing in the "recent" list anymore. How can I access my previous projects in Jamovi? Or should I have exported it every time I worked on it? Because I didn't do that. Does this mean I lost all my work? Or can somebody explain to me how to find my previous saved datatests and analyses?
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

this is a thread from 2017 ... could you begin a new topic?

jonathon