[SOLVED] problems in building (and loading) new modile

Everything related to the development of modules in jamovi
SanVerhavert

[SOLVED] problems in building (and loading) new modile

Post by SanVerhavert »

Hello

I built a new module for Jamovi and it is working fine on Windows. You can find it here: https://github.com/SanVerhavert/DPACanalyses

I now want to test it on the Mac of my colleague but there it returns an error in Jamovi (error: could not create analysis...) when it is installed via sideload. I thought that it could be because the .jmo file was built on windows so I did a build from scratch on that device (with jmvtools::install() ). Building the module failed however after "*testing if module is loaded" (Or the likes) with the following errors:

Code: Select all

error: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/install_name_tool: more than one input file specified (up and /Users/rensque/Downloads/Set)
Usage: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/install_name_tool [-change old new] ... [-rpath old new] ... [-add_rpath new] ... [-delete_rpath old] ... [-id name] input

Error: Command failed: /usr/bin/install_name_tool -change /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/lib/libR.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.3/Resources/lib/libR.dylib /Users/#####/Downloads/Set up jamovi module/DPACanalyses/build/R/igraph/libs/igraph.so
Details:
- R version: 3.3.3
- Mac Josemite
jonathon

Re: problems in building (and loading) new modile

Post by jonathon »

ah, this looks like a bug in jmvtools, where it's not coping with the file path having spaces in it. if you change the name of the 'Set up jamovi module' directory so it has no spaces you should be in business.

i'll fix jmvtools in the next couple of days

thanks for reporting
SanVerhavert

Post by SanVerhavert »

Thank you for coming back to me so quickly.
That was indeed the problem.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

new version jmvtools is out, which fixes this issue.

thanks for the report

jonathon