Mixed Models Module

Everything related to the development of modules in jamovi
MAgojam

Re: Mixed Models Module

Post by MAgojam »

mcfanda@gmail.com wrote: I pushed a new master (0.9.7) with the last version of .nicifyTerm() as you suggested. In linux works well, it should be ok in other OS too.
It also works well with windows 7 and 10.

Cheers,
Maurizio
Farscape

Post by Farscape »

Hi Marcello,

Thanks once again for your software. I have a question regarding your calculation of CI for the multinomial regression. I am getting different 95% CI when I run your module vs. when I run the multinom regression in R and SPSS. I am using multinom function in r.

Thanks,
mcfanda@gmail.com

Post by mcfanda@gmail.com »

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. Do you have a working example that I can check? In the meantime, please consider that the way you compute the CI for glm() models may influence the results. GAMLj relies on R emmeans package, which does not necessarely uses the exact same approach of other packages.

To give you a concrete example, I've noticed myself that emmeans CI are different (not drammatically) from confint() function CI in logistic regression. I was puzzled and I asked the emmeans developers. Their swift reply was quite convincing. Maybe we are talking about something similar here. Please check out https://github.com/rvlenth/emmeans/issues/7
Farscape

Post by Farscape »

Thanks for the link! That might be the case since I used confint() function.
mcfanda@gmail.com

Good, please let us know if you see any other discrepancy
oguncak

Post by oguncak »

is it possible to add factor loading values into path diagram as in amos?
mcfanda@gmail.com

Hi, it's not clear to me how you would add factor loadinga to a mixed model. If you intend mixed SEM, they are not implemented in gamlj, and it would take a while before we do that. Almost certainly, they will be in a different module.
hejhej

Post by hejhej »

First, thank you so much for the module!

Would it be possible to also add effect sizes to the mixed models? Perhaps along the lines of Feingold (JCCP 2011, 2015)?
mcfanda@gmail.com

We are working on this. Most likely, we will use effect sizes based on variances, because the d is applicable to a much smaller variety of designs