Paired Variables Problems

Everything related to the development of modules in jamovi
arcaldwell49

Paired Variables Problems

Post by arcaldwell49 »

I am trying to make my own module right now, and one analysis in the module makes paired samples comparisons.

I am noticing that my module is not functioning like the paired samples t-test within jamovi. In the paired samples t-test the paired variables list is populated but these variable do not disappear from the variables list. However, in my new function they do disappear (see image attached). What am I missing here?

P.S. making this module has been a blast!
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-04-01 18.29.09.png
Screenshot 2018-04-01 18.29.09.png (123.04 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
jonathon

Re: Paired Variables Problems

Post by jonathon »

hi!

a handy way to figure this stuff out is by looking at how jmv does things. in this case:

https://github.com/jamovi/jmv/blob/mast ... tps.u.yaml

i think 'persistentItems: true' is what you want.

glad you're enjoying module development. it is fun, i've been surprised more people haven't gotten into it! looking forward to receiving your module.

not sure if you're interested, but we'd love someone to write a blog post on how they found writing a module.

cheers

jonathon
arcaldwell49

Re: Paired Variables Problems

Post by arcaldwell49 »

gah, I had complierMode set to 'aggressive', and that was resetting it when I installed the module. Thanks for the quick tip!

I have quite a bit left to finish out with this module with my collaborator, but I am certainly willing to help write a post when its all said and done.