missing modules

Everything related to the development of modules in jamovi
atesh.koul

missing modules

Post by atesh.koul »

Hi all,

I am facing a very strange situation that I am unable to understand. I am trying to create a module for my package PredPsych. I created the required analysis files but after a successful installation of my module using jmvtools::install(), when I open jamovi (connected to the jamovi tools), I am unable to find my module.

On further inspections, I verify that the modules folder in ~Roaming/jamovi/modules is empty except a folder R.
It seems that the install command installs the module and then deletes the files from the modules from the Roaming/jamovi/modules folder.

When however I create a new module, it seems to work. It seems that it breaks down when I import my package in the NAMESPACE. I already have it in the DESCRIPTION file.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Best,
Atesh
jonathon

Re: missing modules

Post by jonathon »

hi atesh,

what you describe is unusual!

is your module committed somewhere, where we could take a look?

with thanks
atesh.koul

Post by atesh.koul »

Hi Jonathon,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I posted the module on github - https://github.com/ateshkoul/jamovi

Just as some additional background information -
1. I am using R 3.4.2 but I also tried using the jamovi R in Frameworks folder.
2. I tried installing using Rstudio 1.1.423 but also the native R in Frameworks.
3. I had moved the windows temporary folder to a custom location but even when I moved it back, the problem remains.

Please let me know if you would like to have any more information.

Thanks,

Best,
Atesh
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi atesh,

ok, let's see if we can figure this one out. so you install your module using `jmvtools::install()`, and the installation proceeds, doesn't generate an error message, but the module does not appear in the menu at the top?

with thanks

jonathon
atesh.koul

Post by atesh.koul »

Hi Jonathan,

Yes. The installation does not throw any error. But the module is not present in jamovi. I find that the files were copied in the roaming folder and then deleted.

I am not sure if this is related but just putting imports in description leads to function not found and if I add import package in namespace, jamovi engine crashes.

Thanks a lot,

Best,
Atesh
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

OK, step 2 is to examine the .jmo file which is created. can you attach that?

also, do you want to join our slack? it might be quicker to solve this issue there. drop us a line at `contact <at> jamovi.org`

cheers

jonathon
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

ok, your .jmo file looks fine. can you try side-loading it into jamovi and see if that works?

i'm guessing that jmvtools::install() isn't copying the files across properly ... but i have no idea why this might be.

jonathon