Error with linear regression analysis

Everything related to the development of modules in jamovi
jrhenkelmann

Error with linear regression analysis

Post by jrhenkelmann »

Hi,
Unfortunately ran into a new problem :/.... When trying to perfom a linear regression analysis between two variables within a huge dataset I get a strange "Object ".osijfoiödjfoösdjfosjofsd" not found" (the letters are just an example). Could this maybe have to do with the filter problem again? Before performing the analysis I exclude all missing values with a "xxx !=0" filter (I know it's bad practice to make missing = 0, but in this very dataset 0 is equal to missing)

However, when I copy the data of the two variables and paste them into a new jamovi dataset and do exactly the same it works flawlessly. I don't know what happens here but it brakes my heart that I needed to use SPSS in between :/

Greetings,
Jens
jonathon

Re: Error with linear regression analysis

Post by jonathon »

hey,

can you send through the .omv file, and i'll take a look

either attach it here, or send it to contact <at> jamovi.org

with thanks
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

you're running the latest version?
jrhenkelmann

Post by jrhenkelmann »

Hi,
thanks for the quick answer! Gonna send you the file by email!
I think I now know how to reproduce the error and go back again: I had computed a variable I wanted to use for linear regression and got the error... to make sure it didn't have to do with the computed variable I copied the content of the computed variable into a new variable... but then got the same error... when I after this remove all the analysis leading to the error I can use the data from the latter named new variable and another one for regression w/o problems.
I run jamovie 0.9.2.3
jrhenkelmann

Post by jrhenkelmann »

Oh wait, I just saw that my version is very outdated... I'm running jamovi on linux and thought the repository just takes care of updates but seems I've missed a lot of them since you guys moved to flathub
jrhenkelmann

Post by jrhenkelmann »

all right, now updated to version 9.4.0 via flathub and everything works flawlessly.... sorry for the trouble and great this was already fixed!

edit: too bad... after the update and starting the new version everything went fine, but when trying to perform the next linear regression the same error appears again :/