Tests of normalities

Everything related to development of the jamovi platform
jonathon

Re: Tests of normalities

Post by jonathon »

hi,

if you have your p-value settings set to 'significant figures', then small values will be represented with scientific notation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientifi ... E-notation). you change these to 'decimal places' if you prefer the < .001.

cheers

jonathon
MAgojam

Post by MAgojam »

pullume wrote: However im getting something totally different for my assignment analysis.
I get these results with e's in them - 6.720e-7 and 1.722e-4 . Can you explain these please?
Hi, pullume.
Your p values, to make them more readable, are reported as "Scientific notation", which reduces the number of zero decimals to be displayed.
Your values ...
without e-7 they would be
without e-4 they would be

Cheer.
Maurizio
pullume

Post by pullume »

MAgojam wrote:
pullume wrote: However im getting something totally different for my assignment analysis.
I get these results with e's in them - 6.720e-7 and 1.722e-4 . Can you explain these please?
Hi, pullume.
Your p values, to make them more readable, are reported as "Scientific notation", which reduces the number of zero decimals to be displayed.
Your values ...
without e-7 they would be
without e-4 they would be

Cheer.
Maurizio
:-D Dear Maurizio,

I can't thank you enough!

xxx
Wake

Post by Wake »

jonathon wrote:hi,

moretests is what we call an "addon", where it adds results to existing analyses. just run the t-test or ANOVA as usual, and choose 'normality tests' (granted, there's an issue with 'normality tests' still be labeled as shapiro-wilk). see here:

cheers

jonathon
I've just tried this on jamovi 1.2.2 and asking for Shapiro-Wilk in Linear Regression doesn't give the K-S test, whereas it does in Independent Samples T-Test

Cheers,

Wake
LDartnell

Post by LDartnell »

Wake wrote:
jonathon wrote:hi,

moretests is what we call an "addon", where it adds results to existing analyses. just run the t-test or ANOVA as usual, and choose 'normality tests' (granted, there's an issue with 'normality tests' still be labeled as shapiro-wilk). see here:

cheers

jonathon
I've just tried this on jamovi 1.2.2 and asking for Shapiro-Wilk in Linear Regression doesn't give the K-S test, whereas it does in Independent Samples T-Test

Cheers,

Wake
Hey there, wondering if you'd consider also adding the normality tests S-W and K-S to the Descriptives and Repeated Measures ANOVA (I'm using the latter for a Mixed/Factorial ANOVA)?

Thanks
Loraine
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

yeah, i'd love to, but haven't had the time to yet, sorry.

will hopefully get to it in the next few weeks.

cheers
Asmaryadi

Post by Asmaryadi »

I found different result of Shapiro-W when tested in descriptive option and in independent t test option. It made me confused.
statsprofessor

Post by statsprofessor »

I computed a Z-Score using the built-in formula. When I look at the Descriptors table I should have a mean of zero, but it displays in Scientific Notation even though I have the format set to DP
baharuddin

Post by baharuddin »

Hi Dear

I newbie for using Jamovi
I use normality test
What the mean "W" value in normality test on Shapiro_Wilk?
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

this is an old thread. could you start a new one next time?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shapiro%E2%80%93Wilk_test#Theory

with thanks