Proxy server?

Everything related to development of the jamovi platform
omorr

Proxy server?

Post by omorr »

Hello,

My Academic Network uses proxy server. Due to this fact, we often have to struggle with setting the things up. The same thing is with Jamovi. I always install modules offline because I do not know how to force Jamovi to go through our proxy. Morover, I think there is no option to manage this and I simply have to accepted that.

Moreover, I suspect that the using Jamovi online is restricted due to the proxy server as well. By using the "TRY OUR ONLINE DEMO! the welcome screen appears and after that the error message: Connection failed! Unable to connect to the server.

Is there any way to finally use Jamovi via proxy server and get rid of this annoying problem.

Best Regards,
Radovan
jonathon

Re: Proxy server?

Post by jonathon »

hi radovan,

that does sound like a misbehaving proxy.

i've tried to enable proxy detecting in the past, but in the past it was a limitation of electron. i should look into it again.

kind regards
omorr

Re: Proxy server?

Post by omorr »

Thank you Jonathon for your answer,

We are dealing with this, as you said, "misbehaving proxy" for years. Different software, different settings and different advice of how to deal with it. Struggling with Windows and Linux as well. As far as I know, there is no any advice for Jamovi and how to go with a proxy server.

Best Regards,
Radovan