Setting jamovi Mac app version number

Everything related to development of the jamovi platform
msolin

Setting jamovi Mac app version number

Post by msolin »

Hello jamovi development team!

I am a Mac systems administrator at Saint Joseph's University, and I've been asked to deploy jamovi to some of our classroom computers for teaching purposes. We use an open source deployment tool called Munki to do this kind of stuff, which compares the CFBundleShortVersionString in the app's Info.plist to determine if the app is up to date. If the version of the app on disk is older than the one being deployed by Munki, then it's replaced with the newer version.

I downloaded both the "solid" and "current" releases, but both seem to have the same issue: the CFBundleShortVersionString is incorrect. If you're in the Finder, click on the app, click the File menu, and select Get Info, you can see that each app reports that it's an older version than it actually is - 2.2.5.0 reports itself as 2.0.0.0, and 2.3.2.0 reports itself as 2.3.0.0.

Would it be possible to update CFBundleShortVersionString to match the version of the app with each release? This would make it possible for us to keep jamovi up to date on the computers we manage.

Thanks!

Mike
jonathon

Re: Setting jamovi Mac app version number

Post by jonathon »

hi, yes,

the wheels fell off our macOS build system recently, so i've been forced to do some things manually, which has lead to some problems here. we'll do better in the future.

cheers
msolin

Re: Setting jamovi Mac app version number

Post by msolin »

Thanks, no worries! I really appreciate the reply (and sorry for getting back to you so late).