jamovi crash and error code

Everything related to development of the jamovi platform
davidville

jamovi crash and error code

Post by davidville »

Hello,
jamovi is great and usually works fine. However, I wanted to let you know jamovi crashes
on some Windows 10 machines using jamovi (ver 0.9.6.0, from the ZIP file) when dragging
a variable in the descriptives analysis window:

Engine Process Terminated
Exit code: 3221225477

Is this a known bug? Is there something missing on these computers?

Thank you in advance,
David
jonathon

Re: jamovi crash and error code

Post by jonathon »

hi david,

there is a quite obscure issue which affects a very small number of computers. we've never been able to get to the bottom of it, unfortunately. i estimate it affects less than 1 in 300 computers. it seems to stem from windows not quite behaving correctly.

i'm working on the web-based version of jamovi at the moment, which will be a good alternative for people who experience this issue, but it's still a few months away.

sorry i can't be more help

jonathon
Janusko

Post by Janusko »

I get the same error message on a daily basis, on my windows 10 machine too. Are we sure it is a minor issue (i.e. 1 in 300), or does this happen to most W10 users?
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

we've looked high and low to try and find a windows machine which has this issue, and so far haven't found one.

if you could make a W10 machine which has this issue available to us via something like teamviewer, we'd be keen to take a look. if that would be possible, drop us a line at contact <at> jamovi.org

kind regards

jonathon