Average inter-item correlation?

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
Bobafett

Average inter-item correlation?

Post by Bobafett »

Hi all,
I'm teaching my students how to reverse score and conduct the various indices of reliability and validity. I must say this is incredibly easy and a joy to teach in jamovi! The heatmap of correlations is simply a godsend for demonstrating the effects of not reverse-scoring those items that are in need of this. Kudos!

However, I was wondering would it be possible to add in a feature for reliability analysis - namely the average inter-item correlation? Unless I'm very much mistaken, I can't see it? Including it so that it is automatically spat out with the heatmap would be great. At the moment I'm telling students to calculate this manually in Excel. Not a terribly difficult step I admit, but one that introduces an outside program that may not be needed....

Keep up the great work,
Paul
jonathon

Re: Average inter-item correlation?

Post by jonathon »

hi paul,

create an issue in our gh tracker: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues

and we'll see what we can do

cheers
Bobafett

Post by Bobafett »

Hi jonathon,
Thanks for the response - I've done just that!

Cheers
Paul
soyirais

Post by soyirais »

Hello, I found it.

CFA, then Model Fit, then Fit measures and there is AIC and BIC.

Saludos!
Bobafett

Post by Bobafett »

Hiya - thanks for the suggestion, but I think this refers to the Akaike Information Criterion (a measure of fit) rather than the average inter-item correlation I was looking for.

I can see that this feature exists in JASP so it is possible. If I knew anything about programming I'd give it a bash myself ;)
seol

Post by seol »

Hi Bobafett

You can check the snowRMM module within jamovi library to find AIC, BIC, and CAIC statistics for model fit.

Best Regards
Seol
Bobafett

Post by Bobafett »

Hi Jonathon - just wondering if you & the team have managed to take a look into this request to calculate the average inter-item correlation as part of the reliability analysis suite? I did create an issue on the github tracker (https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues/1060) but I'm not particularly familiar with how that set-up works...

Cheers
Paul