robust standard errors

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
mickeyi

robust standard errors

Post by mickeyi »

Hi. I too would really appreciate the addition of robust standard errors in JAMOVI. Since reading the now classic paper titled, On the Unnecessary Ubiquity of Hierarchical Linear Modeling" (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27149401/), I have to come to appreciate the use of robust standard errors. The article makes a strong case that in psychology we overuse MLM, when all we need with clustered data (for most questions) is robust standard errors. I would be happy to throw some money at this if that will expedite this. Seems like something relatively easy to program...

Please help!

Michael Inzlicht
mcfanda@gmail.com

Re: robust standard errors

Post by mcfanda@gmail.com »

Hi, next major upgrade of GAMLj module (version 3) will have robust standard errors for the general linear model
Thanks for the suggestion
MAgojam

Post by MAgojam »

mcfanda@gmail.com wrote:GAMLj module (version 3) will have robust standard errors for the general linear model
Hey Marcello, thank you for this.
I promised Jonathon that I would bring the robust standard errors for linear regression into the moretest module (given the strong and reasoned request), but if you release a GAMLj v3, I will do more (the list is long).
GAMLj is TOP!

Cheers,
Maurizio
Jorge

Post by Jorge »

Hi,

Any news regarding the availability of robust standard errors?

With thanks,
Jorge
mcfanda@gmail.com

I wish there were. The new major update is taking longer than expected. I see to add robust SE in a minor update.
thanks
mc
Jorge

Post by Jorge »

If you could include the robust SE in jamovi, that would be great. I really want to use jamovi with my students, but with the lack of robust SE i keep postponing the adoption of jamovi.

Jorge

Post by Jorge »

Hi,

Any news regarding the introduction of robust standard errors?

Thanks. :grin:
Jorge

Post by Jorge »

Hello,

Hope you're doing well.

Do you happen to have any news regarding robust standard errors in jamovi? Either through Moretests or GAMLj?

Thanks. :)
Jorge

Post by Jorge »

Hi,

Hope you're doing well.

Is there any news regarding introducing robust standard errors in linear regression in jamovi? I would need it by next September...

Thanks,
Jorge
mcfanda@gmail.com

Hi
robust standard errors are now available in GAMLj version 3. It is not yet in the jamovi library, but one can download it and sideload it in jamovi. Very easy steps here: https://github.com/gamlj/gamlj#version-3
Last edited by mcfanda@gmail.com on Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.