Black and white option?

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
decuser

Black and white option?

Post by decuser »

Hi,

I've been using Jamovi for a few months now and I love it. It's an incredible program and I am thankful to the developers for building it. My question is, is there an option to only use black and white for graphics and display? I would like to be able to include the output of the program in places where color is either inappropriate or unwelcome.

Thanks,

Will
jonathon

Re: Black and white option?

Post by jonathon »

hi will,

if you look under the kebab menu (top right hand corner), you'll find a colour pallette option for plots called 'greys'

jonathon
decuser

Post by decuser »

Thanks Jonathan. You're a genius. Thanks for doing Jamovi in the first place. As a former street rat, such freely given treasures are greatly appreciated.

This solution will work great for my current needs. Here's a feature request for down the road - add pure black and white theme, or perhaps support for custom/developer defined palettes, one of which could be 2 color?
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

yeah, pure b&w is tricky. i'm not sure how you'd do a lot of things with it. i.e. how would you have multiple fills? different patterns i guess, but it would be a bit ugly.

jonathon
decuser

Post by decuser »

Leave it to the implementation team to poke holes in the grand ideas :). I was thinking about lines and simple figures, not the other fancy diagrams. You're right, of course. Now that you mention it, I remember back in the day, they did cross hatching and other clunky stuff - forget I mentioned it!