automatic updates?

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
BenjaminLucas

automatic updates?

Post by BenjaminLucas »

Hi,

I am Mac user.

I updated Jamovi manually by downloading the 1.0.8 version.
But I thought if I click on the automatic update on the preferences, the program updates its new version
automatically,.

Do I have to upgrade the software every time the updated version is posted?
Moreover, I cannot open the new version 1.1.7.
jonathon

Re: automatic updates?

Post by jonathon »

hi,

let me look into this for you. it *should* update you to the latest 'solid' version 1.1.9.

if you haven't heard back from me in a week, chase me up.

1.1.7? try either the 1.1.9 or the 1.2.17

cheers

jonathon
silkscale

Post by silkscale »

When jamovi starts, it would be very useful to have it check for new versions of jamovi, and for new versions of the add-on modules already installed. Individual users would likely leave this turned on, but server installations would need an override setting so that organizations can stick to an update schedule (e.g. between semesters).

Updating jamovi and the modules in use would be the most important aspect to this feature, but it could also notify users of entirely new modules the first time they appear (or randomly pick one to advertise once a month). This would encourage people to create modules.
crocoyes6

Post by crocoyes6 »

When jamovi starts, it would be very useful to have it check for new versions of jamovi, and for new versions of the add-on modules already installed. Individual users would likely leave this turned on, but server installations would need an override setting so that organizations can stick to an update schedule (e.g. between semesters).

Updating jamovi and the modules in use would be the most important aspect to this feature, but it could also notify users of entirely new modules the first time they appear (or randomly pick one to advertise once a month). This would encourage people to create modules.

Between Github and Forum, you'll likely have some developer pictures on hand, why not stroke some egos and add those to the notices? I knew a couple of professors who might become jamovi developers for that alone (only slightly kidding!)
markkevin123

Post by markkevin123 »

This would actually encourage people to create modules.