Missing values not recognised

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
peter_hilpert

Missing values not recognised

Post by peter_hilpert »

Hi jamvoi team,

I have to say that our students love jamovi - who though I will ever say this about a statistic program. Really great job!

However, I mentioned this before that the definition of a missing value value is not carried over when computing a new variable or transforming a variable, leading to wrong results. And it looks like, this is not fixed in the latest version. Here the example. I create two new variables (A and B ) with some values and some missing values and define -99 as missing value and then compute a mean score. The missing value is recognized by jamovi for the variables A and B (in gray) but not for the new variable, resulting in including the -99 into the mean value:

A B
1 2
2 -99

Using MEAN(A,B) will give:

A B score
1 2 1.5
2 -99 -48.5

Best,
Peter
jonathon

Re: Missing values not recognised

Post by jonathon »

hi peter,

i've fixed this, but we haven't pushed out the new version yet. should hopefully be coming in the next couple of days.

cheers

jonathon
peter_hilpert

Post by peter_hilpert »

Oh, awesome.Thanks Jonathon!!
peter_hilpert

Post by peter_hilpert »

Hi Jonathon,

Just had a quick look and it is working now. Perfect!!! Thanks so much!

We once talked about sponsoring the development of being able to push back variables created in Rj Editor into the jamovi data set. Maybe best would be to email me (p.hilpert@surrey.ac.uk) as I cannot discuss department politics publicly. This would allow such a nice transition from jamvoi to R syntax and would make teaching across several levels even more appealing and easy (mainly using jamovi for UG students and R syntax for MSc stutents but having the options to start with R on a basic level for UG students [e.g., regression syntax, using tidyverse for data management...]).

Best,
Peter
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi peter,

i just sent you an email ... you can edit your post to remove your email address now if you like. it's a good idea to reduce spam.

cheers

jonathon