Feature Req: Option so have filter BY analysis

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
stats2019

Feature Req: Option so have filter BY analysis

Post by stats2019 »

Hi,

I stumbled upon a problem. Testing for differences in gender, I wanted to limit a certain analysis to use only male and female (not divers, not no answer).
I did not find a way except to define a filter and exclude rows with that gender. Of course, this is no problem, but this also results in jamovi doing all analysis based on the new filter - even if that is a temporary filter only.

At this time I see the only way to run a filter on a single analysis by creating a new file, creating the new filter there and creating the needed analysis.

This is where my suggestion comes into place:
When starting an analysis, one can see the result on the right side of the screen, the options for that analysis on the left side. It would be great if one would be able to enable and disable filter here "locally" as well (overwrite "global") but also "use global".

Example:
I need a general filter to remove all unfinished rows from analysis. I will define the filter as usual and enable that filter.
For a certain analysis I need my "gender"-filter. So I create that filter as usual, but keep that disabled.
Both filters habe global settings - the first is enabled, the second disabled.

Now I do my stuff.
All analysis where I do not change any filter settings will have the "remove all unfinished rows" enabled and "gender" disabled.
If I want, I can change this on an analysis level and to only one analysis where the gender filter is being used.
I can enabled and "gender", so that the global value for "remove all unfinished rows" is used and additionally the "gender" filter.

Probable it would be a nice option to have an additional text at manually changed filters that points out, that filter X is used / not used.

Was I able to make myself clear and understanable?

Olaf
jonathon

Re: Feature Req: Option so have filter BY analysis

Post by jonathon »

hi olaf,

yup, we have plans for filtering on a per-analysis level. our idea is similar to yours.

hopefully it's something we'll get to in the coming months.

cheers

jonathon