Feature request: Line graphs?

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
TaylorBrown

Feature request: Line graphs?

Post by TaylorBrown »

I have a nasty suspicion that this is in there somewhere, but I can't find it.

In order to use JAMOVI for basic undergrad courses, there needs to be a menu option, preferably in Descriptives -> Graphs, to create line graphs. Right now, I can't use the menus to create something like, say, the line graph of the income share for the top 1% of all income earners I've attached.

I know I can use R within JAMOVI to do this; no problem there. But line graphs should be available in the program itself, imho. They are a basic tool for both description and explanation.

If, in fact, this is already available and I've been too dense to see it, kindly show me the way and I'll be well content. If not, I think line graphs should be added forthwith.

I'm asking about this because I'm thinking seriously about using JAMOVI in methods courses and trying to get others to follow suit. It's a great program! Thanks for doing the work to bring it to us.
jonathon

Re: Feature request: Line graphs?

Post by jonathon »

hi taylor,

we do get the occasional request for line graphs, and i can see their usefulness.

could you create an issue on our github page? (https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues).

with thanks

jonathon