More Math functions or distributions

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
ANAwol

More Math functions or distributions

Post by ANAwol »

Hello.

Thanks for creating Jamovi. It will be super useful for us in transitioning students away form other software.

Now, I was wondering if you could add more mathematical functions to the "compute" variable i.e. the list of functions, either that or add probability functions like dbinom, etc.

I am trying to get students to create a column with , say 0:10 and another with the binomial probability mass for each. number with a fixed p.

that is dbinom(x,10,p).

But such function doe snot exist. And even if I want them to write out the formula, then "factorial" does not exist, nor "product" there is sum. SO there is no way for them to put it in as a formula except for doing 10* 9 *....

Thanks
MAgojam

Re: More Math functions or distributions

Post by MAgojam »

Hi, @ANAwol.

I know this is not what you are looking for but waiting for something ready to use, why not try a few lines of code with Rj (the swiss army knife) passing the calculated variable to the clibboard to be later pasted as a new variable .
I realize it's a bit of a dirty way, but it might be fun.
Take a look at the attachment.
write_clipboard.png
write_clipboard.png (90.12 KiB) Viewed 9293 times
Cheers,
Maurizio

MAgojam said
-----------
I actually wanted to write my post 167, to get past Ravi :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :')
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

haha, mz,

if you create an issue on gh, i'll see about adding some more functions. list the ones you think we should add

https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues

these are pretty easy to add.

cheers

jonathon
ANAwol

Post by ANAwol »

Thanks Jonathon, Will do at git

@Magojam. Thanks, that is nice. I just wanted something for the students who are still far far afr away form any code to be able to still kind of "manually" (but via some of the functions) do this.
Highly appreciated.