jamovi online demo

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
JGunnIII

jamovi online demo

Post by JGunnIII »

Hello All,

Apologies if this has been addressed previously (I tried looking but did not see it). The jamovi demo indicates that the hope is for a fully web-based platform at some point. I am an incoming psych professor at a smaller university and we currently have JASP installed on the computer in our labs. My hope was to use jamovi with my students, and just direct them to the web demo to do lab work for the course.

My question is - how in-depth is the demo? I'm teaching an undergraduate stats course - but also curious if I can use the online demo as well just in my own work.

All the best,
John
jonathon

Re: jamovi online demo

Post by jonathon »

hi john,

the online demo has a number of limitations at this time. limited to only 100 columns, 100,000 rows (i think, i'd have to look it up), data file can't be more than 1Mb. you can't install modules, etc. there's also a limit of 30 simultaneous users (so how many slots are available depends on how many other people are using it).

so if you can work within those constraints, you're welcome to use it in class and/or in your own work.

we are getting close to being able to raise all these limits, but we're not quite there yet.

our plan is to provide a generous amount of free capacity, but if universities need assurances that there will always be capacity available to them, they can opt for a paid plan.

cheers

jonathon