Ordinal Logistic Regression - Nested Questions

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
KentoNakano

Ordinal Logistic Regression - Nested Questions

Post by KentoNakano »

Hi!

I am currently conducting an ordinal logistic regression analysis on a large dataset obtained from survey questions. Some of the questions are nested within others (e.g., Q1. have you ever attended a nightclub? Q2. If yes, did you wear hearing protection? etc.).

The answers to the questions are provided on a scale (similar to a Likert scale), allowing for ordinal regression analysis.

I am unsure however, how Jamovi will deal with null values in the nested questions as opposed to treating the no-entries as missing at random. If the participant has never attended a nightclub, there is no need to answer the question on hearing protection. This does NOT however mean they do not/did not wear hearing protection. I simply want to include a variable for those entries so that the program understands there is no need to look further into that question due to previous response. Some other entries are actually missing at random - meaning the respondent did not answer for any unknown reason. Jamovi can account for this through their missing value box.

Any tips on how to deal with nested questions within the program? The rest of the ordinal regression analysis package is awesome!

Thanks,
Kento.