Desktop installation issue Jamovi 2.0

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
jspayne91

Desktop installation issue Jamovi 2.0

Post by jspayne91 »

Hi there,

I have attempted to update from 1.6 to 2.0 but I have run into some installation issues. On installing for Windows on an administrator controlled laptop 1.6 was uninstalled properly, but the jamovi installation failed. It looked like the actual .exe file was not included in the zipped folder. We tried to roll back to 1.6 after removing all the residual trace of Jamovi but it is still hitting a wall saying "Jamovi is already installed." Our IT services couldn't quite figure it out but we will be trying to reset the profiles on the machine when I can get on to campus.

I just wondered if anybody else had encountered a similar issue or if you had some idea of where we could start. At the minute, I don't have jamovi on my machine at all which is sad. The web demo has saved me for a staff demo next week, though :)
benjkno

Re: Desktop installation issue Jamovi 2.0

Post by benjkno »

Hello,

I had the same issue. I couldn't find an .exe file in the program files after installing (v1.6 on Windows). The Mac OS v1.6 worked fine for me though.

Sad face...
jonathon

Re: Desktop installation issue Jamovi 2.0

Post by jonathon »

sounds like your install is corrupted. uninstall and reinstall.

sorry jspayne91, your post escaped my attention. there must be residual things in the registry, indicating to the installer that it's already installed. try searching your windows registry for jamovi, and delete any entries you find.

jonathon