Online/browser version

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
LScurlockEvans

Online/browser version

Post by LScurlockEvans »

Hello,
I've just realised that the online browser version has gone from the jamovi homepage. Please could you tell me how to access this, or when the in-browser option might return?
Many thanks.
Best wishes,
Laura.
MAgojam

Re: Online/browser version

Post by MAgojam »

Hi, Laura.
https://cloud.jamovi.org/

Cheers,
Maurizio
LScurlockEvans

Post by LScurlockEvans »

Hi Maurizio,
That's wonderful - thank you!!!
Best wishes,
Laura.
efratde

Post by efratde »

Thanks for the link.

I see it is not possible to install additional libraries.
Is there any other way to use the gamlj package via the browser?
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

not at the moment.

the cloud version is still under development. more features will be added with time.

jonathon
credmontgo

Post by credmontgo »

Yes, also very curious. Is this a sign that it will be discontinued soon?
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

we are almost completely focused on the cloud version at the moment ... if we're a little slow on adding new features at the moment, that's why.

the whole software industry is racing towards a "cloud only" cliff ... where institutions aim to save insane amounts of money by not having to provision desktop environments, or provide tech support. so all non-niche software needs to move to the cloud, or go extinct.

so "discontinuing" the cloud version would be a bit like car companies giving up on electric cars ...
reason180

Post by reason180 »

My perspective on this is a little different. At my institution there's not quite the expectation that students will have their own personal laptops available for in-class and out-of-class work. So I have to make sure jamovi is installed in campus computer labs--and we all use an old version because the IT department will only install things once per semester. We also can't use g*power in the labs because it doesn't meet the institutions technical/legal/accessibility requirements. But as campus computing labs are being phased out and there's more of an expectation that students will have there own laptops in class, I'll be freer to ask them to install g*power or the latest version of jamovi (as examples), at any time.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

institutions will move to the cloud at different rates ... and you may represent one of the later cohorts ... but even then, there are growing numbers of students coming to uni from highschool with their chromebooks/ipad/arm-based-windows-machine. we support chromebooks as best we can, but ipads and arm-based-windows-machines are basically impossible to support without a cloud version.
credmontgo

Online/browser version

Post by credmontgo »

Would it be possible for the cloud version to get a title and iOS full screen/web app capabilities?

When I look at the page in inspector I see “ <title>Untitled</title>”, and in theory it just needs one tag line for the full screen option “ <meta name=”apple-mobile-web-app-capable” content=”yes”>” (https://www.ispringsolutions.com/blog/h ... n-the-ipad)