How to see full code (for increasing font size)?

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
Mary

How to see full code (for increasing font size)?

Post by Mary »

How to see full code (as in the "R commander") for customizing images?
===
Many thanks, reason180, for understanding and thorough answer! P.S. I just wanted to increase the font size in the image: when I decreasing image size (for publication) fonts become unacceptable small

Dear, reason180, many thanks for sharing your experience!!!
Last edited by Mary on Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:00 pm, edited 9 times in total.
reason180

Re: HOW TO SEE FULL CODE (for сustomizing)?

Post by reason180 »

I think jamovi is in fact giving you "the full R code," so to speak. The thing about the R ecosystem is that it's largely package-based. If you have the jmv (i.e., the jamovi) R package installed in R, and if you get your data frame properly setup in R, the code that jamovi gives you will indeed run in R. It's just that the jmv package doesn't provide the user with access to the ggplot2 package-code that the jmv package references. My guess that if, for example, you wanted to use R to adjust the range of the vertical axis in one of the jamovi plots, you'd have a lot of jmv and ggplot code to comb through. It might be easier to just make the graph from scratch using ggplot2/R, or using some other software.
reason180

Re: How to see full code (for INCREASING FONT SIZE)?

Post by reason180 »

If it's just fonts you're concerned with, you could export the plot as a PDF, and then use some sort of PDF editor (Adobe Illustrator?; LibreOffice Draw?) to enlarge the fonts.
bjfrommu

Re: How to see full code (for increasing font size)?

Post by bjfrommu »

Does anyone know what font the plots use? My prof wants me to match my excel plot font with the jamovi font! Thanks!
reason180

Post by reason180 »

@bjfrommu

You could export the plot as a pdf, then copy some text out of the pdf and paste it into Microsoft Word and observe what font Word uses.
sarahroxon

Post by sarahroxon »

I just wanted to say this is a clever trick