Feature requests: batch/RJ editor create new variable

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
filination

Feature requests: batch/RJ editor create new variable

Post by filination »

Hi,

Hope I didn't miss something obvious in JAMOVI that allows us to do this, or missed some post requesting this.

Sometimes using computed/transformed variables is cumbersome, and we would like to create a number of variables in bulk using R syntax. Is there a way of using RJ editor to run R code to add variables to the dataset that JAMOVI displays and works on?

If not through RJ Editor, could you please allow us a way to create variables using R code?

Another request, related to that, can we do transformed variables in batch (select a number of variables and add transformed variables using transform X on all of those together)?

Thanks,
Gilad
MAgojam

Re: Feature requests: batch/RJ editor create new variable

Post by MAgojam »

filination wrote:If not through RJ Editor, could you please allow us a way to create variables using R code?
Hi Gilad,
without going too far, I suggest you take a look at @Sebastian Jentschke's jmvReadWrite package which you can find here:
https://github.com/sjentsch/jmvReadWrite

Cheers,
Maurizio
filination

Re: Feature requests: batch/RJ editor create new variable

Post by filination »

Thanks, Maurizio.
I didn't know about this one and it looks very interesting.

I was hoping for a solution inside JAMOVI, that I could give my students code snippets or variable(s) based on R code, for and would be reproducible within the single environment, but this helps for other things we needed. Much appreciated!