Thank you for brilliant software!

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
dr_Primus

Thank you for brilliant software!

Post by dr_Primus »

Hello... I would first like to thank the developers for creating such amazing software... I have tried some other statistical packages, but jamovi is by far the nicest one.

I would like to say that my primary field of interest is clinical medicine, and as most MDs doing clinical work, I am a dummy at statistics... But with jamovi (and one great professor at my university who taught me which tests to use) I can finally do some statistical work.
I would like to know if there is a way to test for sensitivity and specificity and plot ROC curves.
I would also like to know if there is a way to plot Kaplan Meier survival curves.

Thank you once again
Ravi

Re: Thank you for brilliant software!

Post by Ravi »

Hi, thanks for the kind words! So you want to see sensitivity/specificity/ROC curves for a classification table? Or for a specific analysis. I'm finishing up the logistic regression at the moment, which has all these metrics included.

There's no way to plot Kaplan Meier survival curves at the moment. But somebody could easily come along and make a module for it.
coledavis

Post by coledavis »

If either of you want some R code for doing K-M, I can send it to you. http://coledavis.org/contact.htm
dr_Primus

Post by dr_Primus »

Thanks for the great death watch module... It is really fascinating to see how jamovi is improving continuously.

I have one suggestion, I guess for programming wizards like you it should be easy peasy - it would be nice if we could assign colors to columns (no need for entire spectrum... perhaps a picker of 8 colors) - that way it would be easier to navigate big data sets.
It would also bi really nice if there was a "monochrome" preset for plots, which would for example instead of colored lines have dotted/dashed/full lines, and bars and boxes would have patterns (diagonal checkers, dots and so on) instead of colors.

I hope that wouldn't be too complicated to make.

Thanks for your work

P.S. I still can't believe I have colleagues which prefer to use pirated versions of SPSS or Prism, instead of using great open source and easy to use software like jamovi