Shortcuts list?

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
RHainez

Shortcuts list?

Post by RHainez »

Hello,

Could you tell me if there is, somewhere, a shortcut list for jamovi?

And same question for the Rj Module? I was wondering if there are equivalents for two RStudio shortcuts : Ctrl+Shit+A (autoformat code) and Ctrl+Enter (execute the selected code line) ?

Have a nice day.
jonathon

Re: Shortcuts list?

Post by jonathon »

damo is working on some accessibility improvements at the moment, and that will include a standard set of key bindings which will be easy to discover ... so just hold on a bit longer for that.

for rj, autoformat would be nice, but its actually a pretty tricky thing to implement (you have to parse R code, which is not the easiest code to parse, particularly not from javascript), i think the rstudio folks probably spent a lot of time getting it to work just right. i unfortunately don't have time for it at the moment.

executing the 'current line' is something problematic in the jamovi paradigm. we always want the results on the right to reflect the options on the left ... if you execute a single line, without the surrounding lines, then you break this contract.

this is essentially the difference between a declarative and a procedural approach ... i don't think there's a way we can do a 'single line' in the declarative approach.

cheers

jonathon
RHainez

Post by RHainez »

Hello,

Is there any news about the shortcut list please? Particularly the Ctrl + Enter to execute the selected code and the Cthr+Shift+M for the pipe operator?

Have a nice day.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

try pressing 'alt' in a recent version of jamovi, and it should display short cuts.

cheers
mkRoland

Post by mkRoland »

1st of all: congratulation for these useful and user-friendly sw. I'm going to use it for my MSc/MA Thesis instead of the 4-letters sw created by a 3-letters tech-company.
Is there any option to hide/disable the pop-upping of the quick button's letters? I use a special european (HUN) keyboard and I have to use the AltGr button for the sign "<" and ">". This "pop-up shortcuts" option confuses me a bit during transforming data.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

let me attend damo to this
dropmann

Post by dropmann »

yep i'll clean this us for the next release
mkRoland

Post by mkRoland »

mkRoland wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:44 pm 1st of all: congratulation for these useful and user-friendly sw. I'm going to use it for my MSc/MA Thesis instead of the 4-letters sw created by a 3-letters tech-company.
Is there any option to hide/disable the pop-upping of the quick button's letters? I use a special european (HUN) keyboard and I have to use the AltGr button for the sign "<" and ">". This "pop-up shortcuts" option confuses me a bit during transforming data.
dropmann wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:07 pm yep i'll clean this us for the next release
jonathon wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:23 am let me attend damo to this
Thanks guys, the version 2.3.24.0 is awesome, I can hide the shortcuts.
jamovi_2_3_24_0.png
jamovi_2_3_24_0.png (762.42 KiB) Viewed 2299 times