Data processing

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
alvaro.lupinacci

Data processing

Post by alvaro.lupinacci »

Hi everybody,

I am having some issues processing my data before the analysis. My issue is that I get the attached report from the data registry system to a xls archive.

As one can see, I get several lines for the same entry "Prontuário" is our Unique Identifier. Then, one may find several variables listed in the "Propriedade" column, and the variable values are listed in the "valor" column. Hence, the variables "convenio" and "medico" should also be computed.

In a nutshell, how could I process this data in order to have every entry in one line, and every variable distributed in the columns so I could run a regular statistical analysis?

TIA
Attachments
datascreen2.png
datascreen2.png (81.46 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
reason180

Re: Data processing

Post by reason180 »

I think another way to ask the question is: How can a dataset be reshaped (restructured) from "long" to "wide" format? The answer is, jamovi cannot do that. You would need to use some other software to carry out the restructuring.
alancai1974

Re: Data processing

Post by alancai1974 »

I guess what you want to do is to transpose the data. I believe Excel could do that. If you want more user-friendly software, you can check a software called easy data transformer.
Jamovi is not very good at data transformation. So probably you should not try to do it in this software.