problem

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
lauhuart

problem

Post by lauhuart »

Hello

I have a problem with my jamovi. When I ask jamovi to do a scatterplot or other command, it indicate "this analysis has terminated, likely due to hitting a ressource limit". I cancelled jamovi to re install it, but it makes the same thing.
Somebody can help me please ?

Thank's
jonathon

Re: problem

Post by jonathon »

its possible you have an old version of scatr installed. see if there's two scatr entries under "installed modules", and uninstall the second one if there is.

cheers
reason180

Post by reason180 »

I don't have solid data to support this, but I have a suspicion that various problems can arise (analyses never finishing, analyses not starting, etc.) when I upgrade to a new version of jamovi, but jamovi keeps the files indicating what modules are installed.

Does this sound at all plausible? (Upon upgrading to new version, I've taken to uninstalling all modules that I've ever installed, whether or not they're known to be incompatible with the new jamovi version, and then reinstalling then.)

If so, I wonder if it would be a good idea for the jamovi installer to tell/ask the user something like: "Any already-installed modules will be automatically removed, to aid program stability. Is that OK?"
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

there shouldn't be a problem with old modules ... scatr is the exception, because we moved it from being something you installed from the library, to something that shipped with jamovi.

there's a few different approaches to old modules. the problem with removing them is that sometimes people want to hop back and forth between different versions. another approach is to separate the modules for different versions. but this has the problem of orphaning modules (consuming disk space) once someone uninstalls that version.

there's more elaborate solutions of course ... but none of them are particularly neat.

jonathon
MSF503

Post by MSF503 »

I have a problem while using scatrplot, there is no plots appear ، and during using plots for description also there is no plot appear