Resolution of graphs

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
grandonia

Resolution of graphs

Post by grandonia »

Dears, is there a way to increase the resolution of the graphs when copying or copying them in a metafile format? I want to print a poster and there I need high resolution graphs :) Thanks so much!!
jonathon

Re: Resolution of graphs

Post by jonathon »

export as an svg, eps, or pdf ... these effectively give you infinite resolution.

jonathon
grandonia

Post by grandonia »

Hi Jonathon, thank so much for your quick reply!!! ok, I will try svg, pdf is not in metafile, resolution is low, same as copy to clipboard from jamovi ....
grandonia

Post by grandonia »

SVG is metafile, high resolution, but PDF not.... thanks so much!!
grandonia

Post by grandonia »

Hi Jonathan, so after playing a bit more around I found several errors, in some screens exporting to SVG produces 1kg files, and in other copying the picture and pasting to PowerPoint pastes in metafile format (this is VERY NICE and handy) :)) Hope you can help to fix this in the next version, anyways, loving Jamovi!!
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

I will try svg, pdf is not in metafile, resolution is low, same as copy to clipboard from jamovi
you may find that the fault lies with the software consuming the pdf.

if you can provide me with examples, and steps to reproduce, i can look into if there's anything we can improve there.

cheers

jonathon
reason180

Post by reason180 »

The PDF exports look fine to me (using Adobe Reader or Google Chrome to view them). The svg export fine too. When pasted into PowerPoint, I'm observing that they paste as svg files, not as Windows metafiles (you can subsequently save it a Picture, but svg is your only format option).