[RESOLVED] THANK YOU! + Feature request

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
scroon

[RESOLVED] THANK YOU! + Feature request

Post by scroon »

Hello good people. Firstly, thank you for all your work with Jamovi. I teach 3rd year stats for psychology students at the university of tasmania and we have made the decision to shift all our teaching to Jamovi away from SPSS. this semester will be a little bit by the seat of our pants but will try to share any material that we pull together. Also, if there are questions that you have that I can put to my ~130 students, I'm sure they'd be happy to help

In terms of a feature request - one thing that we (and hopefully many) would find helpful would be the ability to see SE for the measures of skewness & kurtosis. Would it be possible to add this to future plans?

thanks!
jonathon

Re: THANK YOU! + Feature request

Post by jonathon »

hey!

that's great to hear you guys are adopting jamovi! as a piece of random trivia, i think i may still technically count as an employee of utas too. :) in fact i'll probably be down there in april, so it would be good to sit down with you guys, and see if there's any other ways our future roadmap can help out, etc.

wrt SE on skewness and kurtosis, that seems a little niche (this is the first request we've had for it), and there's a balancing act between wanting to put *everything* in there, and at the same time not wanting to overwhelm the user. this is why we have the module system - where additional analyses can be added (but we're always open to someone making a case that a feature is important).

kind regards

jonathon
scroon

Post by scroon »

sure, fair enough, I'll work on a workaround.
scroon

Post by scroon »

Does it help to know that JASP includes these things (or is that just a bit cheeky). Anyway, it's probably good for students to be able to shift across different packages without freaking out
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

*chuckles* ... you're better off making a case that lots of other people want this too :)

although, the fact that the jasp guys have done it, makes a case that it's more widely used than i realise ... it's not in SPSS though is it?

cheers

jonathon
scroon

Post by scroon »

yeah, it is in SPSS too! It is helpful to work out how substantial the violation of skewness / kurtosis is.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

oh righto. can you create an issue on our github page?

https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues

and we'll see what we can do

cheers
scroon

Post by scroon »

will do - thanks!
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

SE on skewness and kurtosis are available in the 0.8.4.0, just released
scroon