jamovi textbook

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
David

jamovi textbook

Post by David »

I'm working on adapting Dani Navarro's excellent book 'Learning statistics with R' (https://compcogscisydney.org/lsr/lsr-0.6.pdf) to 'Learning statistics with jamovi' . Dani's book is CC BY-SA 4.0 and the jamovi version will be the same, ie freely available. The plan is to retain most of the intro stats stuff and just replace the R examples with jamovi. Initially the book will be a bit thinner as there is quite a lot of R stuff that can come out.

My aim is to finish the adaptation this summer so I can use the book in a new intro stats course beginning in October. I'm already making good progress (https://github.com/davidfoxcroft/jbook and am starting to think about new material to add in. My first thoughts are that it would be good to have something on repeated measures ANOVA, factor analysis, meta-analysis, glm / multlevel modelling. If anyone wants to help out with adding new material that would be great, just drop me a line.

David
jonathon

Re: jamovi textbook

Post by jonathon »

sounds great david! :)
losses

Post by losses »

Why not just add the method of jamovi into the book, and provide a second choice to the readers?
David

Post by David »

That's a neat idea and something I'll definitely come back to. It will be harder to do that really well in the short-term and keep things as clear and simple as possible. Stripping out the R stuff and replacing with jamovi is actually a bit easier than weaving them together, alongside one another, in the same book
DrDave

Post by DrDave »

Hi there. I like that idea. I won't be much help on writing sections, but I am more than happy to help edit and look for errors/inconsistencies.
David

Post by David »

Hi Dave, that is great. We now have a full first draft ready so it would be really helpful if you could look it over and help shape it up to the next draft. If you pm your email I will send it over.

David
David

Post by David »

jonathon wrote:sounds great david! :)
Hi jonathon, is it ok to use the jamovi logos in the book, or are these restricted use?
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

is it ok to use the jamovi logos in the book, or are these restricted use?
yeah, that'd be fine.

cheers

jonathon
superyms

Post by superyms »

David, this is a great idea/project.
Would you mind if I could participate with you?

Thanks.
David

Post by David »

Hi superyms, that would be great...can you pm me your emai.
David