no more plots for ANOVAs in v0.9.1.4?

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
Fips

no more plots for ANOVAs in v0.9.1.4?

Post by Fips »

Hello: in previous version of jamovi there was the option to have a plot for your effects in the ANOVA modules. This now disappeared. Could that possibly be reinstated? Or did I miss something? Thanks, Fips.
Ravi

Re: no more plots for ANOVAs in v0.9.1.4?

Post by Ravi »

Hi Fips,

I assume you're talking about the RM ANOVA. We indeed got rid of the descriptives plot and instead you can now do a marginal means plot (under estimated marginal means) to check the direction of your effects. The marginal means plot actually uses the model estimates in the plot so it makes more sense to use this to interpret your model effects.

Cheers,
Ravi
RCL

Post by RCL »

Hi, thanks for all the hard work.

Is it possible to download old versions installers? RM ANOVA plots changed a lot. They now look like rectangles instead of squares and I can't find a way to resize them while keeping everything proportional :(
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

you can get older versions from here:

https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/releases

jonathon
dr_Primus

Post by dr_Primus »

Well... I just wanted to ask the same question.

Anyway... In my opinion these plots are OK so I don't see the need to roll back to older versions.
I just have one wish... Would it be possible to have custom Y axis title (instead of Marginal Mean)

Thanks
PEEP_Lab

Post by PEEP_Lab »

I am extremely grateful for Jamovi and the constant improvements, but I do miss the old SPSS-style plot feature, because of the flexibility plotting interactions. In the new version, is there a way to control which variable is on which axis or on separate plots? (besides re-entering the variables into the model in a different order)
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hey,

so you can just change the order of variables in the 'Marginal Means' box. (i wonder how we can make this clearer).
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 07.39.34.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 07.39.34.png (106.07 KiB) Viewed 5025 times
Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 07.39.51.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 07.39.51.png (109.09 KiB) Viewed 5025 times
PEEP_Lab

Post by PEEP_Lab »

Thanks for the advice! Now I get it :) To help people out, you could have a little blurb that says "For interactions, drop multiple factors into one term. In plot of interaction, first factor will be on horizontal axis, second factor will be on separate lines, third factor will be on separate plots." Or something more parsimonious to that effect? Maybe you could have an information button that would then display all of that text, so as not to clutter the GUI? Just some ideas from someone who has no idea about software design....