Position of QQ-plot

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
RHainez

Position of QQ-plot

Post by RHainez »

Hi,

When I run the assumption checks in an ANOVA, the QQ-plot shows up in the Assumption section on the right window, alongside the Levene's test and that makes sense.

But when I run the assumption checks in a t-test, the QQ-plot shows up at the bottom of the analysis (even after the descriptives plots, for example). Is there a specific reason for that or is it possible to put it under the Assumption section too?

Have a nice day.

RHainez
jonathon

Re: Position of QQ-plot

Post by jonathon »

hmm, good point.

can you create an issue for this on github?

with thanks

jonathon
RHainez

Post by RHainez »

Done.

After giving it a further thought, what do you think about giving the user the possibility to move upwards/downwards the different parts of an output?

If you think it's worth it, I can create another Github request, but wouldn't it be a similar request to the enhancement request about the User Profile creation (i.e. reproducibility of an analysis)? --> https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues/167

And in the same spirit, during a t-test or an Anova analysis, the Descriptives table shows up under the Assumption checks section but during a 1-way Anova, it shows up just under the 1-way Anova table.
For teaching and maybe other situations, it would help the students to have a consistent order of the ouput. It would guide them through the said output and help them sort out all these tables and graphs that can be a little daunting.
For example during a t-test or an Anova, if the output is always Descriptives --> Assumption checks --> Anova / t-test table (assuming these options are ticked), it would be easier to read. It's just an example, if you catch my drift.

Have a nice day.
RHainez

Post by RHainez »

A (lazy) student asked me an interesting question: is it possible to right-click on an analysis in jamovi and open it in RStudio to tweak the code (assuming RStudio is running at that time)?
I said it's not possible directly, but I transfer this to you to get your opinion about this :)
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

as a shorter version of putting it in syntax mode, and copying from there?

jonathon
RHainez

Post by RHainez »

As in "Right-click --> Open with...". It would transfer the code and the data (so, not only the code) directly to R.

I've got colleagues who make the main core of their analysis in jamovi and then send it to R to refine the code. It could maybe help them too by making the transition smoother and faster, imho.