Table integration from R to Word

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
j3ypi

Table integration from R to Word

Post by j3ypi »

I rather work with R than with the Jamovi GUI, but I'm actually not quiet sure yet, about the most decent way to integrate the pretty tables from the R console into a Word document. Copy & Paste doesn't work - at least not with LibreOffice.

It seems like I can either convert the RMarkdown file into a HTML Document and than paste the table to Word or convert it directly into Word with the help of LaTeX. The second approach looks a bit nicer, but in either way the format changes from the nice looking table in the R console to a slightly different table.

Instead of:

So I need to change it every time manually. Is there a more clever way to do it?

In addition it would be helpful if the table automatically splits into two tables or change the font size of the content so there won't be a weird looking second line in the table, if there are more columns than space in the Word document.

Thanks in advance!
jonathon

Re: Table integration from R to Word

Post by jonathon »

hi,

so the easiest way to do this would be to fire up jamovi. that way you can copy/paste the rich HTML tables from it, into word or libreoffice. that would definitely be the least amount of work.

alternatively, in an R session, you can convert the tables to data frames. once you've got them as data frames, i'm pretty sure there's a tonne of R packages for producing word tables.

but definitely, the least amount of work, would be to copy/paste from jamovi :)

jonathon
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

eventually we'll have all sorts of export options for jamovi tables. so this will definitely be easier in the future.
j3ypi

Post by j3ypi »

Thanks for the answer.

The main reason for me to use jamovi is the publication ready table style. The R packages to convert df to word mostly destroy that nice style. LaTeX provides good packages but thats what I want to avoid, at least when I'm working with fellow students.

If you implement some export function, it'd be really great. Tables and ANOVAs from Jamovi are the perfect addition to R.