Advanced graphics options

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
RHainez

Advanced graphics options

Post by RHainez »

Hi,

I will begin to work on the statistics course I'll teach next year i..e. from early September and I posted a feature request about advance graphic options on GitHub https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues/162 .

I was wondering if you could tell me more about your roadmap with jamovi on this particuliar topic: is it on your to-do-list for the next week (and we'll be able to play with it when we'll get back to school) or do you think you will look into it at a further stage because of more pressing issues to deal with?

And keep up the good work :)

Romaric
Ravi

Re: Advanced graphics options

Post by Ravi »

Hi Romaric,

We just released a version (0.7.3.2) that allows you to choose a certain general theme for all plots that you can download here https://www.jamovi.org/download.html. The next thing we want to do, plot-wise, is giving you more control over specific aesthetics (colors, scales, labels, etc.). Although this is definitely something we're gonna start working on soon, it will not be done next week :)

Cheers
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi romaric,

ooh, that's a very good question. i'm thinking that september is probably around when we'll be taking a look at this stuff. but there's a good chance we won't get it done by then :/

it could go either way.

you probably shouldn't rely on us having it done by september, but at a guess we'll have it done by october or november.

sorry i can't provide something more concrete.

thanks for chasing this up.

jonathon
j3ypi

Post by j3ypi »

May you instead integrate a theme with different greys? I won't be able to use colorful graphs in my university. In addition I'm pretty sure that colors aren't allowed to use in papers or bachelor/master thesis.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi j3ypi,

we'll be adding an APA theme soon i think. you can track it's progress here:

https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues/242

cheers
RHainez

Post by RHainez »

Ok, thank you very much for these informations about jamovi's future! They provide a view for the next months, it's all I need so I know how to prepare the next course.

I look forward to see what jamovi will be able to accomplish when you'll be done with the core functions.

See you!
Jake Delee

Post by Jake Delee »

Thanks for updates! I feel strongly about it and like learning more.
RHainez

Post by RHainez »

Hi,

While the end-year reports begin to pour in, a need emerge from my students: they'd like to be able to get box-plots (jittered or not) to show their datas and look for outliers directly in jamovi. So, i thought I'd let you know :)

Keep up the good work!

Romaric
Ravi

Post by Ravi »

Hi Romaric,

Box plots are very high on our priority list, so it's gonna happen sooner rather than later :)

Cheers
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

box plots are in the latest 0.7.5.5 !