Feature request: Custom Tables

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
Wake

Feature request: Custom Tables

Post by Wake »

Hi,

When processing PsychoPy data, I often have large data files with one row per trial that I want to summarise to create a new data file that is one row per participant.

Usually I want to calculate the proportion of correct trials for each trial type and median reaction time for correct trials.

In SPSS I use custom tables. In jamovi I was planning to just use the descriptives and spend longer in Excel tidying up the results. However, it seems like there is also a massive speed difference here.

The table in the attachment was created with no delay at all in SPSS with around 9000 rows from 35 participants splitting by three repeated variables.

In jamovi it took over two minutes for the empty table to appear and the mean scores appeared over five minutes later. Total execution time around 7:40, which means I won't be doing this in jamovi any time soon.
Jamovi alongside SPSS Custom Tables
Jamovi alongside SPSS Custom Tables
jamovi_tables.png (215.82 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
Cheers,

Wake
jonathon

Re: Feature request: Custom Tables

Post by jonathon »

yeah, large descriptives tables is a known issue. the issue is that R is very slow at certain things, and i have to reimplement parts of this analysis in another language (c++).

it is an issue which keeps me up at night, so it definitely won't be forgotten.

jonathon