HELP! Mixed models in R?

Discuss statistics related things
kisangoli57

HELP! Mixed models in R?

Post by kisangoli57 »

Hi everyone. First off, I apologize if this isn’t the right thread to be posting in, I wasn’t sure where else to ask. To briefly give context, I am a Master’s student in Social and Organizational psychology and am writing my dissertation (due in a month). I have really only ever worked with SPSS, and R is completely foreign to me. However, my dissertation supervisor has advised me to use R to analyze my data and says that doing a mixed model in SPSS is possible but a lot harder and lower quality analysis. I don’t think I have ever run a mixed model in my life, so doing so in a foreign statistical analysis software has proven to be infuriating. I feel like I’m constantly getting errors in R, and like I can’t even do the basics correctly. I asked my supervisor to see an example of the analysis I’m supposed to do and he sent me a few articles, but since I have never even used R they really aren’t much help. He’s also on holiday right now and I am trying to get this analysis done before he gets back so I can send it to him for revision. Stats isn’t my strong suit anyway, so I am beyond confused, and I don’t even know where to start. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated! Help!!!
jonathon

Re: HELP! Mixed models in R?

Post by jonathon »

for mixed models in R, you may have come to the wrong place :P

you may find gamlj helpful however.

https://gamlj.github.io/

cheers

jonathon