Report of Robust ANOVA in APA Style

Discuss statistics related things
Psych

Report of Robust ANOVA in APA Style

Post by Psych »

How would you report the result of a robust ANOVA in APA style? Normally I would report a ANOVA as follows:F (df, df) = X, p = Y. The output of the robust ANOVA only gives me the result of the F-statistics and the p value, but no degrees of freedom. Has anyone reported the results of a robust anova in a publication before?

I used the robust ANOVA because of violation of normality, unequal sample size and heterogeneity of variance. Both the results of the regular and the robust ANOVA are significant (p < .001), with different F-statistics though. It's the same in the post hoc analysis, the p value doesn't change, only the mean difference changes a little.

I don't know whether to report the regular ANOVA with the accompanied result of the robust anova (like A. Field suggests as a minimum requirement if assumptions are violated) or to report the robust anova without the regular one.

What do u guys suggest?

Thx
jonathon

Re: Report of Robust ANOVA in APA Style

Post by jonathon »

yeah, i'd probably report both. but the reality is that when both p-values are < .001 it probably doesn't matter.

cheers

jonathon
Psych

Re: Report of Robust ANOVA in APA Style

Post by Psych »

Thx :-)