Component Loadings of PCA in Factor Module Are Incorrect

Discuss statistics related things
FCHu

Component Loadings of PCA in Factor Module Are Incorrect

Post by FCHu »

I found that the "Component Loadings" of the Principal Component Analysis (PCA) in the Factor Module are incorrect compared to the output of LISREL. In fact, the listed "Component Loadings" of PCA in jamovi are numerically identical to the "Correlations between Variables and Principal Components" in the output of LISREL.
jonathon

Re: Component Loadings of PCA in Factor Module Are Incorrect

Post by jonathon »

hi,

the pca in jamovi is based on the psych R package, so if you wanted to understand the difference, it might be worth starting there -- but i wouldn't assume the results are incorrect just because they are different.

kind regards

jonathon
FCHu

Post by FCHu »

Thank you for the information of the 'psych' package! ── The pca() of the 'jmv' package (i.e., jamovi) is based on the 'psych' package of R. The "Component Loadings" of the Principal Component Analysis (PCA) in the Factor Module are incorrect if one is looking for the standard principal component loadings. The "Component Loadings" listed in jamovi or the output of the principal() function of the 'psych' package are the eigenvectors multiplied by the square root of the eigenvalues, as the "pseudo-factor loadings". I suggest listing both the standard principal component loadings and the pseudo-factor loadings like LISREL and providing more detailed HELP information as in the 'psych' package of R.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

let me pass this over to ravi.

cheers