Likert-scale analysis and finding normality

Discuss statistics related things
aalizehh

Likert-scale analysis and finding normality

Post by aalizehh »

Hi everyone! :)

I'm recently new to jamovi and how to use it.

I have recently created a questionnaire using a 7 point Likert-scale to assess attitudes.

I am having trouble on how to insert the data onto jamovi, I have watched a few videos but can't seem to find any info regarding the Likert-scale.

I have 3 sections of topics I am assessing attitudes for, each section has a different amount go questions, for example section 1 has 6 Q, section 2 has 4 Q etc.

Does anyone know how I can insert my data? I apologise if this is a simple question, im quite new so I wanted to make sure I am doing the right thing ':)

( ps I have 138 respondents, I dont know how to insert my data, do I need to make a separate column for each question then a column next to it with those specific answers?

reason180

Re: Likert-scale analysis and finding normality

Post by reason180 »

There is more than one approach.

However, one approach is to convert the scale values to numbers (e.g., -3 to 3), and to treat the 7-point numerical scale as a good-enough approximation to a continuous scale:
tmp81888347273347256Untitled.png
tmp81888347273347256Untitled.png (6.49 KiB) Viewed 2382 times
aalizehh

Post by aalizehh »

hi, thank you so much for the pointers, I am going to try this now!
aalizehh

Post by aalizehh »

hi @reason180

since I have 138 respondents, its taking a long time for the results to load, is this normal? I have only just done 1 question from my first section to test it out and it takes a very long time to load
reason180

Post by reason180 »

There must be something wrong with your system. Are you using an old version of jamovi?