forest plot & ES

Discuss statistics related things
glizdzior

forest plot & ES

Post by glizdzior »

Hi,

I am a begginer in meta analysis and in Jamovi. I would like to know if it is possible to make a Forest Plot which looks like this one:

And also I would like to find out how to calculate effect size. I have aprox 15 studies. For every study I have only odds ratio and sample of size (number of people). I don't have SD. I need effect size for each and every one of the studies.

PS. I am a medical student, not mathematician so I begging for simple language and clear instructions.

Best regards,
Patricia
jonathon

Re: forest plot & ES

Post by jonathon »

hi patricia,

you could drop kyle hamilton a line (he's the author of MAJOR). he doesn't hang out much in the forums, but you should be able to find his details online.

cheers

jonathon
glizdzior

Post by glizdzior »

Thank you, have a nice day ;)
moonlightpanda

Post by moonlightpanda »

glizdzior wrote:Hi, did you happen to get an answer for this. I am having a similar problem and would like to know how to solve it.

I am a begginer in meta analysis and in Jamovi. I would like to know if it is possible to make a Forest Plot which looks like this one:

And also I would like to find out how to calculate effect size. I have aprox 15 studies. For every study I have only odds ratio and sample of size (number of people). I don't have SD. I need effect size for each and every one of the studies.

PS. I am a medical student, not mathematician so I begging for simple language and clear instructions.

Best regards,
Patricia
MAgojam

Post by MAgojam »

Hey @moonlightpanda,

the reason for the reply with quote is not clear.
This is an old thread from 2019.
You could open a new thread if that's a question or request you want to ask.

Cheers,
Maurizio