.omv file won't open when sharing between colleagues

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
LScurlockEvans

.omv file won't open when sharing between colleagues

Post by LScurlockEvans »

Hello,
My colleague and I are trying to share a .omv file where we have data and analyses save. However, it just says that the file can't be opened because 'file is not a zipped file'. I have tried opening via double-clicking on the file, opening the file through JAMOVI itself - but can't get it to work. My colleague has the same experience with a file I have created and sent to him (although the file can be opened and closed fine on my pc). I just wondered if you could advise me on how to fix this?
Many thanks.
Best wishes,
Laura.
jonathon

Re: .omv file won't open when sharing between colleagues

Post by jonathon »

hi laura,

how are these files being sent? (it sounds as though there's something funny going on there) ... i don't think jamovi has any problem saving/opening files.

cheers
LScurlockEvans

Post by LScurlockEvans »

Hi Jonathon,
Thanks for replying. We were just sending them over email. I can't figure out why it won't open!
Many thanks.
Best wishes,
Laura.
Bobafett

Post by Bobafett »

Some Universities configure their servers such that certain attachments may be renamed as *.zip files - but not actually compressed. Is this this case? If so, just rename the file extension.

We had this same issue a couple of years ago.
LScurlockEvans

Post by LScurlockEvans »

Hi Jonathon,
I’ll try this out - thank you!
Best wishes,
Laura.