Server error

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
AnPa

Server error

Post by AnPa »

I triend installing jamovi both on my laptop and my computer, but every time I try to start the program I get the following message:
Unfortunately, the jamovi server could not be started, and jamovi must now close. We regret the inconvenience.
Please report your experiences to the jamovi team.
I need to install the 1.6.15 solid version of jamovi. Can you please help me solve this problem?

Thank you in advance!
jonathon

Re: Server error

Post by jonathon »

hi,

there's a bug in windows that seems to effect a small number of users. unfortunately that seems to be you. if you use a different computer, this won't be a problem. alternatively, use the cloud version:

https://cloud.jamovi.org

kind regards

jonathon
Tryson

Post by Tryson »

Unfortunately I have the same problem. Does changing windows help to solve this challenge? I have noticed that using https://cloud.jamovi.org you cannot import data unfortunately
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

yeah, if you use a different computer, you won't have the problem.

you can 'open' data in the cloud however (most of the time when people use 'import', they actually want to use 'open').

jonathon
hittnerj

Post by hittnerj »

I am receiving a similar message. Jamovi stays open for a while but I eventually receive the following message: "Connection lost. An unexpected error has occured, and jamovi must now close". Can I resolve this error or is the error related to the same Windows bug that was previously mentioned? Thanks.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

if you receive the 'connection lost' message after performing some particular action, we'd be interested in the steps you've taken to cause it to happen.

but if it's a spontaneous crash, then there's something slightly unusual about your computer, and you may have to use the cloud version:

https://cloud.jamovi.org

cheers

jonathon
hittnerj

Post by hittnerj »

Unfortunately, it is a spontaneous crash (my computer is a 1 year old Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1). Is there a way to debug or tweak a setting on my computer to resolve the error? If not, I'll try the cloud version.
mhanu

Post by mhanu »

HI.
in case could be useful:
i have the same problem connection lost. This happened immediately after upgrading from 2.00 to 2.2.2 (see attachment). Jamovi worked perfectly before the update.

This error happens on some jamovi files (not all). those files not working anymore worked perfectly with the 2.0.0.

Also i have noted that the importing process from a csv file became slower.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 4500U with Radeon Graphics 2.38 GHz
RAM 8,00 GB (7,36 GB utilizzabile)
ID dispositivo
ID prodotto
Tipo sistema Sistema operativo a 64 bit, processore basato su x64

Windows 11 Home edition.

Thank you for the work. Jamovi is great!!!!!
Attachments
Immagine 2021-10-25 140437.jpg
Immagine 2021-10-25 140437.jpg (77.85 KiB) Viewed 14653 times
mhanu

Post by mhanu »

i tried to open that file on cloud version and the same happens. connection lost
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi mhanu,

if it's specific to a file you open, can you share that file with us? either here ... or email it through to contact <at> jamovi.org

with thanks