Interaction Term GAMLj

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
Liverona

Interaction Term GAMLj

Post by Liverona »

Hi,

I have installed Jamovi 1.1.9 and 1.0.7 and the GAMLj module. I want to run a mixed model with an interaction term, but although I have already tried some ways, I am unable to create an interaction term out of a categorical and a continous variable within the Jamovi frame. I see how variable can be selected for main effects, but it is not possible to select two fixed effects at the same time. Thats why I computed the interaction term myself, but now I was unsure whether I should center the categorical variable or not (I decided for the latter one, but then the interaction term is quite difficult to interpret). Moreover I would like to plot the interaction.

Hope you have a hint for me.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thank you,
Liverona
mcfanda@gmail.com

Re: Interaction Term GAMLj

Post by mcfanda@gmail.com »

Hi, we never experienced this type of problem. Could you please say something more about the issue. Generally, to insert an interaction, you click to the first effect (variable name) in the left panel of fixed effects, press "shift", select the second variable, and then click the arrow between the two panels. Is this method not working ?
If this is not working, please tell us what OS are you working with
Liverona

Post by Liverona »

Hi mcfanda!
Thanks a lot for your reply! Embarrasingly I have tried however pushed shift but then used the arrow up and down buttons what didn't worked out. But with shift and clicking on the variable with the mouse worked out!

Now I can plot the interaction finally.
Thanks!
mcfanda@gmail.com

Post by mcfanda@gmail.com »

Glad it worked
mc