operation Deploy

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
gmeister23

operation Deploy

Post by gmeister23 »

Jamovi newbie here, having some troubles installing the app. I have 0 coding knowledge and I should not be having to deal with this but anyways here I am. I'm on chrome OS, and everything was fine until

GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Flatpak system operation Deploy not allowed for user

What does this mean, why is it not allowed for me? How do I get around it?
jonathon

Re: operation Deploy

Post by jonathon »

hi gmeister,

i'm not sure. this looks like a flathub issue, could you try asking the flathub folks?

let us know how you get on.

with thanks
gmeister23

Post by gmeister23 »

Will do!
gmeister23

Post by gmeister23 »

Hey so I was able to install Jamovi, but when I try to run it, I will either get a blank window, or Jamovi will open, but it will be super faulty/unstable, it's real wacky. The Flatpak Discourse thought I should come over here for some advice.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

yeah, it's tricky when two projects both think it's the other project's fault...

what did the flathub folks say about the GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Flatpak system operation Deploy not allowed for user
?

i've never actually run jamovi on chrome os. in theory it should all work flawlessly, but that's sounding like it might not be the case.

can you try running it at the terminal (flatpak run org.jamovi.jamovi) and see if you get any error messages. also, when you get it running, click the blue bar running along the top, and press F10. this will bring up a debug window. somewhere there should be a console you can view. again, see if there's any error messages.

it might be worth setting your expectations that we'll get this all working to low. it could be something about your device, it could be something about flatpaks, it could be something we're doing, or it could be a weird interaction between two or three of the above.

i'll see if i can get my hands on some chrome os hardware in the next couple of weeks, and try and narrow the space.

cheers

jonathon
gmeister23

Post by gmeister23 »

They suggested the "sudo" command, I guess it's something like an override. I will test the F10 idea. Thank you!
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

here's a fix for this issue:

https://www.jamovi.org/user-manual.html ... hromebooks

jonathon